And the Sunbeam Rested on His Face

I came down the stairs and stirred the coals in the wood-stove. The house was quiet except for my man and I.

He sat in what has become his usual morning chair, afternoon chair and evening chair. In his recovery from surgery, he hasn't been able to do much else than sit, sleep and take medication.

Positioning himself carefully, he leaned back and grimaced. This has become his morning look, his afternoon look and his evening look. The grimace of pain. The look of tiredness.

Yet, when I passed through the room to bring him a coffee, he was positioned in a way where a ray of morning sun shone on his face.

That was the only place in that room where the sun peeked through.

And the sunbeam rested on his face.

And a song immediately sang out in my heart.

Cue in Matt Redman and the lyrics to his song "10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)".

     ~ "The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning,
                It's time to sing Your song again.
              Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me,
                 Let me be singing when the evening comes.
              Bless the Lord, O my soul, O my soul,
                 Worship His holy name
               Sing like never before, O my soul,
                  I'll worship His holy name." ~

There is power in song.

There is power and healing in music worship.

There is power in the Son.

Praise God.
Praise the Father of Lights.

James 1:17 calls God the "Father of Lights". The One who created the lights in the heavens.
The One who made and placed the twinkling stars and the giant light-bulb we call the moon.
The One who made the fiery sun, to bring warmth to a weary body on a cold, winter's day; to bring light to a painful situation and begin a new day of healing.

A new day dawning.

Yes, the sunbeam rested on his face.

Comments

Popular Posts