Here I Stand

Some days I feel like a warrior.
Some days I feel like a princess.
Other days I feel like the orphan girl, wearing a burlap sack, begging on the streets.

When injustice rears its head, things are stirred within my heart. A longing for holy righteousness rises up. I want to stand up and fight. Fight for what is good, right and pure. Fight for justice. To stand up in the face of evil and yell with the ferocity of a lion, "Satan, you have no claim on me. I am a child of God. Greater is He that is in me!"

Sometimes, I am tucked behind my Father's legs, as He gently pushes me into the shelter of his shadow. This is where He takes up His sword and fights the battle. He takes the victory. The King reigns and therefore evil cannot. The King sets His princess, His daughter, into His protective care.

There are the days, though, when I struggle. When I cry out and plead with the One who created me, to reach down and help. When I beg for mercy, beg for a solution. When I feel abandoned and forgotten.

And yet ...

All the while, I know there is a King.
Regardless of how I feel, the King reigns and victory is in the palms of His hands.
Whether I'm feeling like a warrior, a princess or the orphan girl, He still holds the throne.
His fortress is impenetrable.
His wisdom wraps around His children and He speaks ~

To the warrior, He says,
"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong." (1 Corinthians 16:13, NLT)
"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8, NLT)
"A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. Put on all of God's armour so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil." (Ephesians 6:10-11, NLT)

To the princess, He speaks,
"... Do not be afraid! Don't be discouraged by this mighty army, for the battle is not yours, but God's." (2 Chronicles 20:15, NLT)
"I will cover you with My feathers; I will shelter you with My wings." (See Psalm 91:4)
"I love you deeply, My daughter." (See 1 John 3:1 ~ "See how very much the Father loves us, for He calls us His children and that is what we are!" [NLT] )

To the girl feeling like an orphan, abandoned, lonely and broken, He soothes,
"Give me all your worries and cares, because I care about you!" (See 1 Peter 5:7)
"Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28, NLT)
"I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." (Hebrews 13:5, NLT)

So here I stand,
~ timid warrior-princess, protected by His lion-heart; sheltered in His shadow; enveloped by His arms of love.











Comments

Popular Posts