Winter Rain

Eleven women.
Unmarried, married, mothers, grandmothers, friends, ladies not yet acquainted.
Different personalities.
Different church walks.
Different hurts and concerns.
Different joys and praises.
Believers in Jesus.

And in January, after a week of highway closing blizzards and cold temperatures, it rained.
In fact, it poured.
Just that weekend.
It rained.

Interesting how the theme was "soaking in His Presence".
Interesting to see how God moves and pours out good things
Interesting that the theme of the weekend was based on Hosea 3:6.

Hosea 3:6 talks about pressing into God, and how he comes like the winter rains.
Sure and true to character.
He is always there.
Always listening.
Always loving.
Always pouring out good things.

And He did on this winter weekend getaway.
New friendships.
Fellowship and prayer.
Tears and laughter.
Music and discussion.

Eleven women.
Sisters in Christ.
Leaning into Him.
Learning to grow in His love.
Resting in His embrace.
Finding refreshment in His affection.

"Praise the Lord, I tell myself. With my whole heart I will praise His Holy Name. Praise the Lord, I tell myself, and never forget the good things He does for me." Ps. 103:1-2 (NLT)


Comments

Popular Posts