The Logophile Commentary









My name is Caroline.
I am a logophile.
I confess that I have been one for a while.

I am a lover of words.

Not in the way that has me pouring over Latin meanings and word origins, but more in the way that they affect the heart. More in the way of acknowledging that there is power in words. Not so much in how they are spoken ~ although, there is power in that too ~ but in the deeper places of heart-grabbing, power-punching, spirit-changing ways.

I have a running list of words that a friend and I have been bouncing off each other for the past couple years or so. God drops words into our hearts, one after another. Although, some words hang out for a while before another joins the word party.

When those words come, insight pours through. Great discussions result. Growth results.
We have a long chain of God-words that link up with one another, creating a string of beauty. A garland to wear around the neck or to crown the head.

This week has taken me on a beginning of another journey, as I joined up with an online health-fitness group called Revelation Wellness .
They are taking me and many others, through a series of God-revealing truths.
Every day I have come out of it with a special word.

LOVE ~ HOPE ~ WORSHIP ~ REDEEM ~ TRAIN ~ EXCHANGE ~ FOCUS

Words that point me back to God.
Words that point out my need.
Words that point out my longing for Him.
Words that point out His trustworthiness.
Words that point out His willingness to offer me freedom.
Words that ground me.

His words.

It is definitely a journey ~ a long walk, travelling from one place to another.
From a place of fear, to a place of love.
From a place of wondering, to a place of hope.
From a place of self-thinking, to a place of properly directed worship.
From a place of slavery, to a place of redemption.
From a place of idleness, to a place of training.
From a place of clinging to wrong, to a place of exchanging for right.
From a place of blurry, looking inward, to a place of having a clear focus.

I am Caroline.
I am a logophile.
I confess, that I have been changed, and will continue to be.





Comments

Popular Posts