Planting the Flowers - Gentleness

I've decided to plant a 'new' kind of garden. I've been preparing the soil for a while now, and I need to get these flowers planted so their benefits will be experienced. It's not the normal kind of garden. There isn't any planning out the plots, pulling on the gloves, or even a whole lot of digging involved. I can plant them wherever I want. The soil has to be healthy, mind you, but other than that, I just have to plant the flowers and keep them well fed and watered.

You see, I have a Master Gardener who helps me. He oversees the process, guiding me gently and teaching me along the way. He helps prepare the soil. He helps keep it nourished too. But I get to choose the plants that I will place into the fertile soil. I am able to choose how many flowers, what kind of flowers, and how much help I will receive from the Master Gardener. He offers it - it is a gift - but I can choose to accept it or do it myself.

I will choose to do what the Master Gardener says. I know I will make a mistake or two in my garden; I may forget to water it sometimes. But I will choose to follow the guidance of the Master Gardener. It's exciting to know that a beautiful garden will grow and it will be pleasing to others and most importantly, to the Master Gardener.

For my first planting, I think I will start with Daisies. I will start with Gentleness. Daisies represent gentleness, and I know that my heart could do well to have a field of Daisies planted in it. The simple beauty and humility that is enveloped in a Daisy can be transforming in a heart. My own heart will be beautified and the hearts of others will be encouraged and blessed.

The Master Gardener has told me this : "beauty ... should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." (1 Pet.3:4, NIV)

We should all plant Daisies. Imagine if all our gardens had an abundance of Daisies. An abundance of gentleness. How pleasing in the Master's sight!
    

Comments

Popular Posts