I'm Delighted




Be my delight.

The words filled my head. At first a small whisper. Then a stronger voice. A voice that filled my own.

Be my delight.

The words became my thought. At first a random line. Then a realization. A realization that became my hope.

Be my delight.

The words were gentle. At first a wonder. Then an invitation. An invitation that gently nudged.

Be my delight.

The words repeated. At first shrugged off. Then deeply implanted. An implant repeatedly encouraged.

Be my delight.

Words ~ not a command from God, but a request of my heart, words of the Spirit.

Lord, be my delight. Be my delight.

I've heard how He is delighted in His creation, in His children.
But He was asking me to make Him my delight.
God, my delight.

So another word pursuit. Another treasure hunt.
Delight.
  Joy ~ be my joy; a deeper, more intense sensation than being cheerful; often inexplicable.
   Pleasure ~ be my pleasure; the thing that warms me to my toes, causing good body shivers.
    Happiness ~ be my happiness; the one thing everyone wants, goes beyond what everyone                                             imagines.
     Bliss ~ be my bliss; the feelings of smiles, laughter and freedom, exceeding all we could hope for.

If anything fills me with joy, let it flow from Him.
If anything gives me pleasure, let it be my God.
If anything brings happiness, let Him be the source.
If anything promotes bliss, let it originate from the Creative Designer who radiates these things because they are at the core of who He is.
Without God we will only get a fraudulent version of delight. A skimmed-off-the-top taste of Who He is, rather than the full richness that blows your mind.

He invites me to ask Him,
Be my delight.
Be my delight.

"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation ... " (Ps. 51:12)
"Take delight in the Lord ... " (Ps. 37:14)

Comments

Popular Posts