Feeling the Wonder

When I stand in awe ...
When I am amazed ...
When I witness the remarkable ...
When I am moved beyond what I can understand ...

This is the place of wonder.

When I am filled with a bubbling sense of joy ...
When I am overflowing with an enveloping embrace of hope ...

I am immersed in a fountain of wonder.

There are a few things that incite that fullness of wonder, yet none more so than Jesus.

Wonderful Counsellor.

One who is full of wonder.

We just celebrated Christmas in the past week.
I was waiting and hoping for snow. The usual snowfall that graces our yards and drapes the trees in the season's colour. That makes us stand with faces pressed against the window pane, imagining the snowmen to be built, the skiing to be done, the snowflakes on the tongue ... the wonder of the fluffy, white stuff falling from the sky.
Yet it did not happen.
Many people rejoiced at that fact, but I did not. Part of me even felt a little sad. There's simply something special about snow at Christmas.

But when Christmas morning came and I sat on the bed after waking, I felt it.

I felt the wonder.

And I smiled.
It was a deep seated wonder.
It didn't matter that there wasn't any snow. It didn't matter that we'd open gifts soon. It didn't matter that we'd stuff our bellies with dinner and desserts.

I felt the wonder.
I felt thankful.
I felt humbled.
I felt loved.
I felt Jesus.

And I smiled.




Comments

Popular Posts