I've often wondered how easy it would be to grow an apple tree from a seed out of an apple I've just finished munching. Somewhere along the line, I have the feeling that someone once said that it would be difficult, as there is a method to do so. Who knows?

Several weeks ago, an apple was eaten in our home, and as I cut out the core, I noticed that two of the seeds had already began to sprout. Inside the apple. I had never seen that before and thought that was pretty cool. So began the endeavor to grow an apple tree. I figured that since the seeds had already sprouted, I could just plunk them into some soil and voila ... a tree. Sure enough, the seeds did their thing, and now we have two little apple trees going. It's a matter of keeping them growing and alive at this point! We shall see ...

Comments

Popular Posts