Bloom where you're planted

I am now on the other side of my garden. The plants have grown and some produce has been harvested and thoroughly enjoyed. We had planted some sunflowers in a few places and they have yet to bloom, but three of them are growing strong. I think birds pecked at a couple of the seeds and relocated them to other places, because we have some plants growing in other locations.

There is a phrase that has come to mind a few times in the past couple of weeks. It's from a song I heard when I was younger. All I remember is the line : "bloom where you're planted". It's such a great line to remember in life. If I'm a soccer player placed in a position that I don't like or that I don't feel I'm good at, I still need to play the position with as much dedication and effort as I would give my normal position in the game. It would be easy to give up, pout, and not do it. But I'd need to do it, trusting my coach and their decision to plant me in that position. Likewise with my writing. It would be easy to sit on my finished book and let fear or worry of rejection take over. My book would sit, never improving, never touching anyone. But, if I work at it, make myself vulnerable, let other read and critique it, the book would be able to blossom and grow into the story it needs to be.

Just like the sunflowers. No matter where they were planted - in the garden, or replanted in another non-garden spot - they will grow and bloom. We will get to enjoy their beauty, even if it's not in the place I originally planted them. They will bloom where they are planted.

The question is, will I? It's really a question for everyone.

Bloom where you are planted.

Comments

Popular Posts