The beauty in growth

We were away last week for a visit with family. It snowed the whole time we were there, and I watched helplessly as the poor robins shivered in the cold. It was not a nice thing to see in April. But a new day dawns, and the sun shines again. We are home and there is no snow here. Yay! The birds are happy about that as well!
My garden will soon have a new addition. I was given Sparaxis bulbs for my birthday and I'm looking forward to their blooms. Although, I don't know if they'll bloom this year, or for that matter, if I should even plant them now, or in the fall. I'll have to look that one up.
I am amazed, as always, at the beauty of creation, and the complexity of life and growth. Not only do we see that in the garden, but in children as they grow and develop. And it never stops! Even into adulthood, we are ever changing, and gaining wisdom. At times we seem to plateau, feeling that we know it all, and then life throws us for a loop. We learn from those loops, and our character develops, revealing a new thing in ourselves.
The people in the story I'm writing, change and grow too, but I'm learning that I need to jump into their skin a bit more. Go where they go. Know what they know. Feel what they feel. See what they see. Like me, their characters are developing and growth is happening, but it doesn't come without the pain of the experience. A new day will dawn and the sun will shine, and we will blossom. A little more every day.

Comments

Popular Posts